March 19, 2020
Resources for COVID-19
Prayer and Study Resources
- DiscipleshipEDSD.org has great reading and video learning you can do at home.
- Litany for use during the coronavirus
- Forward movement daily prayer
- Online AA meetings for those that can no longer host a group
- If you are looking for information regarding how to talk with your child about the coronavirus, here is a great resource.
- Storytime Online: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more. https://www.storylineonline.net
- Virtual Centering Prayer with StillPoint: https://stillpointca.org/still-points. Stillpoint, a ministry of the Los Angeles Diocese specializing in spiritual direction, is offering Centering Prayer online at the above link.
- Morning and Evening Prayer: https://dailyoffice.wordpress.com. Every morning, Monday through Friday, this website, which is Episcopalian by tradition but ecumenically friendly, offers two live webcasts of Morning Prayer at 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. Eastern time, in which you can participate. They also offer Video Evensong every Friday night at 9 p.m. Eastern Time. The site also offers services that you can read/pray alone, accompanied by a rich array of multimedia resources.
- Free PDF Book of Common Prayer, and other Lenten Devotional Resources: https://www.churchpublishing.org. Through April 15, Church Publishing is offering free downloads of the Book of Common Prayer, and other Lenten devotionals.
- For children three-and-a-half to 3rd grade, see this YouTube video for Godly Play, The Mystery of Easter. Mary Chalon, our Director of Children’s Ministry suggests that parents watch the YouTube video and after watching, ask what your child thought about it and what was their favorite part? Remember that there are no right or wrong answers! Your children may draw or make their own puzzle of what they saw in the Godly Play presentation using drawing or painting materials you may have at home.
- 4th through 6th grade students are using WEAVING GOD’s PROMISES. Click here for a home liturgy and activity packet for your children.
- If you would like to pray Compline with your children, click here.
- We Wonder is a free, daily, contemplative devotional podcast for children. Each podcast is approximately 11-12 minutes long, for children and adults to pray together.
- An Illustrated Lent for Families: A selection of $10 coloring books with Lenten themes for families. Immediately available online for purchase and downloading.
- Faith at Home: Lectionary-based devotions and projects for children of all ages.
International, National, and Local Resources with COVID-19 Information